re: free play/sliding/who knows?

>  From: jim schroeder <cretin@xxxxxxx>, on 04/10/2000 20:33:
>  Hey Jedi,
>
>  I'll wager it's the tires! Mine used to spooge around alot 'til I changed to
>  Dunlops, no more unpredictable slippage!
>                                      Jim

	I haven't had a chance to look into any more. I probably won't 'til
this weekend - rain comin' soon. I really don't think I turn that hard, but
then I'm going into a turn at 55 - 60 mph (90 - 95 km/h) that's marked 15 mph
(24 km/h). At least that's one turn I've tried several times and had the
"interesting sensation" repeatedly. I've done it much slower looking for bumps
and such in my line, but found none. It's good asphalt.
	Speaking of tires, though, I'm thinking of switching to Dunlops when
the OE tires wear out (probably before the rallye). I'm leaning toward a D207
front and D205 rear, but still have plenty time to mull it over. I know from
the FAQ that Richard & Lisa White have tried that combo, but they don't have
any comments on them posted yet.

Still wondering,

	"Jedi Dawg"  Jim Huber
	Spring, Texas, USA