Re: European route

Hi Dunor,
Well, all those 'hi Jonathan' calls finally got to me.
I would suggest Roche-en-Ardennes or St Hubert, also in the Ardennes - some very nice scenic roads to/from the places. We stayed at a small, but biker friendly hotel in St Hubert (they put them in the garage, removing their own car first!), on the main road near the war memorial (just down the hill from there on the left).  Opposite is a very fine pub, with a multitude of Belgium's finest ales (and they have some good ones!). The food in both hotel and pub was also great.
Have fun and I hope we can meet you at the Nurburgring - just need some dates and a new set of tyres!
cheers
Jonathan