Re: European route

<<
 Hi Dunor,
 Well, all those 'hi Jonathan' calls finally got to me.
 I would suggest Roche-en-Ardennes or St Hubert, also in the Ardennes - some
very nice scenic roads to/from the places. We stayed at a small, but biker
friendly hotel in St Hubert (they put them in the garage, removing their own
car first!), on the main road near the war memorial (just down the hill from
there on the left).  Opposite is a very fine pub, with a multitude of
Belgium's finest ales (and they have some good ones!). The food in both hotel
and pub was also great.
 Have fun and I hope we can meet you at the Nurburgring - just need some
dates and a new set of tyres!
 cheers Jonathan
 >>> "Duner  Tor" <tors@xxxxxxx> 27/03/00 17:25:20 >>> >>

I can't believe it!  It's like reading a report from one of my biking
holidays 4 years ago.  I broke down in a heatwave, the magnetic clutch fly
wheel had come adrift.  Yes it was that hot!  We got a tow to Carlbourg in
the middle of the Ardennes where we stayed for one week before deciding to
move to the nearest dealer who could handle this problem.  Yes,   St.Hubert!
We stayed in a quaint place called I think The Abbeye (Hemingway stayed
there) for 7 days, on the corner opposite the Basilica.  I wouldn't recomment
this place to reside because it was owned by a rather petulant older woman,
who went to bed early at nights.  She had locked up one night before we
returned from the local cellar, despite leaving our keys on at reception, and
we had the whole village awake throwing stones up at her window to wake her!
We weren't the ones throwing, it was another local!!! who was really angry at
the lack of hospitality.  All the other locals were very hospitable and apart
from that one 'embarrassing' incident we had a great time.

I which is the time it took for the dealer to order the part and fix the bike
up.  We only had one bike between John, me and our two boys, both teenage.
We had a great time relaxing, drinking the local beers, roaming the forest,
wild boar valley.  When my bike was ready, we visited the huge war memorial
in Bastoigne before turning back.  What an exceptional holiday!.  It is
really beautiful countryside.  I found a little racism between the Flemish
and Walloons, though, sometimes caught in between.  Ann Pen-ddraig Sprint ST
in Kent, Britain.