Re: Install my own luggage and rack??

"Herzog, Jordan" wrote:

> Has anyone done this, who can advise on the difficulty, time, and/or tools
> required to do the job?

Contrary to Paul's experience(*), I installed just the top rack myself
and by the end found myself wishing that I'd just let the dealer do it.
It took me about five hours, but that included a trip to Sears for some
tools, and a trip to the hardware store for some new bolts (since Sears
was out of one of the sizes I needed). It's easier to install when
you're doing the panniers at the same time, though. I had the dealer
install the panniers for me because I didn't want to be drilling on my
brand new bike.

(*)Meaning, Paul's very likely a much better mechanic than I!

- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Higher Education Consulting
KPMG Consulting, LLC