Re: sprint rs vs ducati st2

At 10:31 PM 4/11/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>I have been looking at Triumphs for some time.  I am in love with the
>sprint RS!!  I am curious, though, have any of you sprint owners ridden
>the ducati st2?  I was looking through the archives, and it appears that
>this question has popped up before.  I am wondering how the two bikes
>compare in power.  Ducati advertisements always mention ducaties lifting
>up the front wheel coming out of corners.  How do the sprints fair in
>this area?

I tried a friend's ST2... great bike... if you like Ducatis.
I do like them, but not as much as I like my Triumph (my problem is that I
like quite everything with two wheels, except HDs).

Anyhow, be warned that the ST2 is far LESS powerful than the Sprint, and
you'd be very disappointed if you'd really expect it to lift up the front
wheel out of corners. Maybe the ST4 (that has, more or less, the same HPs
of the Sprint) can play this game, but not that easily.

Ciao