Advice on shipping an ST?

Hey all,
	My original plan for moving to California was to ride my ST across the
country. However, with a broken collarbone that's no longer an option.
I'm now faced with having a moving company move my bike. In talking with
a couple different sources I've received different advice, so I was
wondering what wisdom the list might be able to offer.

One mover recommended contacting my dealer and trying to get one of the
original shipping crates, as that would save me the (big) cost of
getting the bike crated. However, according to my dealer, the bike ships
partially disassembled and he was of the opinion that it would cost
more, and be more of a hassle, to try to use a Triumph crate.

Another mover said they'd tie down the bike to the rails in the moving
truck, then swaddle it in movers blankets to cushion it and protect it
from the rest of the contents.

Yet another person recommended getting one of the palettes that Harleys
ship on, since apparently they ship pretty completely assembled. This
person claimed that Harley palettes even have adjustable runners to
accommodate different size bikes.

Finally, some of the AMA-endorsed movers claim to use their own palettes
and tie the bike down to that. However, I don't have any experience with
those companies and would prefer to use a company that a good friend has
had good experiences with.

Help! Do I really need to get a palette, or will the bike be fine
without it? How much should I expect to pay for a palette, if anything?
Or is a custom crate the only way to go? TIA!
- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Higher Education Consulting
KPMG Consulting, LLC