Oil Filters

Hi there STERS
Just a line or two to warn everyone not to use anything but Triumph Oil
Filters on their Sprint STS.  I have a small parts business, and can get
some things wholesale.  So I looked up the FRAM Oil Filters, and ordered the
appropriate one.  It was listed as fitting the T595, and the Speed Triple,
1997.  However the Fram wouldnt fit.  I thought it was a factory screwed up
thread, so I crossreferenced it to Suzuki, TL1000, which takes the same
filter.  I then purchased the Suzuki filter from the Dealer.  When I
installed it, the filter didnt tighten up right.  When I thought it was
right, I started it up, oil poured out past the filter, and made an
expensive mess of Motul 300V. I think the releif from the top of the filter
to the threads is too shallow on the Suzuki and Fram oil filters, causing
them not to seal. So, a quick trip to Fresno, 4 Liters of Motul, and a
Triumph Oil Filter, and I think Im in business again.
Does anyone have a good aftermarket filter for the Sprint ST?

Burt
& Bigt Red