Adjusting the headlight

Apologies if this has been covered before, but need some help on adjusting
the headlights.  Doing more riding at night, and while high beam is fine, on
low beam, I can only see about 30 feet in front of me.

The instructions for adjusting the lights in the owners manual start with
"Remove the cockpit".  Well I got no further, because I thought I had a bike
here, not a plane.  And, once I find this cockpit, how do I remove it?

Thanks!

Mort Harries
Haworth, NJ

'00 Sprint ST