re: adjusting the headlight

>  From: "Harries, Mort" <mort.harries@xxxxxx>, on 04/13/2000 15:57:
>  Apologies if this has been covered before, but need some help on adjusting
>  the headlights.  Doing more riding at night, and while high beam is fine, on
>  low beam, I can only see about 30 feet in front of me.
>
>  The instructions for adjusting the lights in the owners manual start with
>  "Remove the cockpit".  Well I got no further, because I thought I had a bike
>  here, not a plane.  And, once I find this cockpit, how do I remove it?

	Well, the cockpit is the instrument panel. Or at least the part of the
fairing covering it. Fortunately, you can adjust the headlights vertically
without removing any fairing. If you turn the bars all the way left you can get
to the right vertical adjustment with a stubby phillips-head screwdriver, and
the left one with the bars turned all the way to the right. I don't have easy
access to a digital camera or I'd send in pics, but the nice guys at Motorcycle
Mania on FM 1960 in Houston, Texas showed me this "trick".

	"Jedi Dawg"  Jim Huber
	Spring, Texas, USA
	'00 blue ST "Rhiannon"