Re: fuel leak (and dead batteries)

Matt Knowles wrote:

> How did you make the connection from the Battery Tender to the accessory
> socket? Is the cable available or did you make it up yourself?

There's an adaptor, although I personally don't have it. (I haven't had
any battery problems with my ST, so my battery tender gets used to
maintain my Seca II's battery until I can sell it.) However, someone
else on the list, ages ago, pointed out that Riders Wearhouse sells a
BMW to SAE adaptor plug that should do the trick. It's part #116 and
sells for $12. On their web site <http://www.aerostitch.com/> go to "Off
and Riding", then select "Unobtanium/Electric Heat". It's on the third
"Unobtanium/Electric Heat" page.

Also, on
<http://www.aerostich.com/isroot/riderwearhouse/DirectPages/kitdiff.html>
there's a handy description of the different kinds of plugs
motorcyclists have to deal with.

HTH...

- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>