Preaching to the converted

Hello Everyone,

Nature finally let pick up my ST today (snowing 5 days ago and it's 22
degrees Celsius right now - welcome to a Canadian spring). I never had a
demo ride, so this was my first outing on an ST, and the first on any bike
in almost a year. It was like coming home again.

Yea ! Wow ! (your exclamation of joy here) !

I experienced the difficult 1st to 2nd gear change pulling away, but after
slipping the clutch and gaining a little confidence I didn't have the
problem again.

Sidebar : the ST is my first >600cc bike, so I was worried the extra torque
would take a little getting used to. Not a problem thanks to my friends -
the brakes ;-)

Neutral was elusive when at a full stop, but that may have been the rider
looking for idiot lights that he already knew weren't bright enough, instead
of 'feeling' what gear I was in. I wonder if a tinted screen would help
console visibility, or is the bulb swap the best solution ?

Cheers,
Robert Reid
Black 2000 ST - "How sweet it is!"