Re: ZG Double Bubble + some

Larry at 13:04 16/04/2000 -0400, you wrote:

>Add me to the list of happy Zero Gravity Double Bubble owners. Fit and
>finish were perfect. Easy install. The double bubble makes a noticable,
>significant improvement in air flow. I'm 5'10". With the stock screen, the
>air was hitting me at chin level and flowing up under my helmet. The Double
>Bubble raises the air flow to the brow/top of helmet level. Much quieter and
>much less turbulence. The ZG screen is about an inch higher than stock at
>the low point and 2-3 inches higher at the midpoint. No interference with
>vision, massive reduction in turbulence and buffeting. Get yours now!
Double Bubble:
Really good to hear such positive feedback as I've got one on order, maybe
a couple of weeks before it arrives at my door. I hope I get the same
improvements as you've found.

Throttle Cable:
Took 'Long Tail' in for a couple of jobs to be done at the weekend. The
throttle cable when turning tight left moved under the tank but on
occasions refused to return when turning tight right, thus my revs
increased by about two thousand rpm. Not very good for slow speed
maneuvers. The solution has been to cable tie the cable to prevent it
moving under the tank on tight left turns.

Neutral Light:
My neutral light became temperamental as to whether it would work or not.
The switch was replaced and so far so good. The mechanic said they have had
quite a few of these going on Daytona 955's but not so many on ST's. He
said they send them all back to Triumph in the hope they will improve the
design.

Other:
The London marathon took place this weekend and the television camera bikes
where blue ST's. Some good publicity for the bike. Someone once said blue
was the slowest colour in the range. Being the owner of a blue ST I was
somewhat cautious about this statement, however seeing runners pass the
camera bikes I'm now not so sure !! :)

Keith W Peters
Senior Systems Engineer

Brother Industries (UK) Limited