Re: BT010 & BT020 Tires

I had the opportunity to test ride an RS fitted with BT-20's on Saturday.  No complaints.... although the test ride was done as a 'demo group ride'... which was well supervised... so it was kind of tame, but we hit a couple of turns and the tires held well.

The BT-57's haven't lasted too long as they totally removed them from their advertisements... so maybe they are a bit better???  My only concern is the tire profile.  On 180 size 57, the tire will wear to the edges (peg scraping)... and on my front, there is about 1/4" of virgin rubber.  A D-207, or a BT56 will not come close to wearing to the edge... from what I have seen.  It makes no sense to me to have a tire that doesn't wear close to the edges when the pegs are scraping... (the bikes design limitation - for the ST, with bags and lowered pipe... which is conservative) although tire pressure could have a bit to do with this also.  You will wear the edges of the tire going straight if the tires were flat!!!