Re: st-digest V2000 #172

In a message dated 4/18/00 11:56:46 AM Central Daylight Time,
owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  Caution is the
>  better part of valor.  I shortly thereafter bought the correct socket size
>  and drilled small holes on opposing sides of the socket so that nails can
>  be driven into the filter.  This gives it the extra bit it needs to break
>  the seal.
I feel the end cap type filter wrench, tried the triumph brand, was usless
just slipped
around the end of the filter.  I purchased a filter remover I had not tried
before, did not like the idea of driving sharp objects through the filter in
such tight surroundings.
If it didn't work you are really screwed!  Anyway It has three prongs that
are attached to a disk and tighten as you unscrew the filter. The wrench
attaches to a socket driver.  Worked great.  Since you hand tighten the
filter it doesn't have to work the other direction.  It only cost about 5
bucks.  Told my Triumph dealer about it and he now has one too!  The one I
bought hat three plastic covers on the prongs
they just made it slip, take them off it works better metal to metal.

David "Bird Dawg" Viosca
99 st (stealthy one)
"keep your nose to the wind"