Was Perfrct FI

Hi,
     I've been hiding in the background since I bought my ST a few weeks
ago.  Yesterday I took the bike for its 1000k service.  The engine
management/FI system was PERFECT - immediate response, no flat spots etc
etc - PERFECT.  Now I have a slight hesitation (a small flat spot) when
pulling around 3000rpm and the engine flattens out sooner when accelerating
hard through the gears.  What can the jerk have done to cause this?  What
adjustments are available when "tinkering" with the engine/FI system?  Are
there any computerised settings that are stored by the dealer??  I am both
computer/mechanical literate and would like to know whats going on below the
fuel tank.  Thanks in advance.