Re: Carrying laptops

FYI:

This site has some good information, but I want to caution folks
about the Kensington "SaddleBag" backpack.  I carry my laptop
back and forth to work every day in a backpack and I used to use
a "SaddleBag".  In a little less than six months, the webbing of
one of the backpack straps began to tear loose from the bag and,
had I not noticed it, the strap could have torn completely loose
while riding.  That could have led to some rather interesting riding
dynamics, to say the least.

I replaced that backpack with a Targus backpack and am quite
happy with it, although it does not have as much storage space
as the Kensington bag.  The Targus unit does, however, have
better padding between your back and the bag.

FWIW and YMMV! :-)

- -Keith
'00 Sprint RS