Tyre choice for track use

Hi all,

    I've read and digested the tyre FAQ (thanks everyone!) but I need a
little more hand-holding :-)

    I'm taking the Sprint on a track day at the end of next week
(Cadwell Park full circuit :-), and then to the Nuerburgring in July.  I
currently have a pair of MeZ4s on the bike and I was thinking about
getting stickier rubber fitted for track use.  I'm not much of a
peg-dragger so firstly I'm wondering if I really need better tyres, and
secondly what's a bit better than MeZ4s but will survive the trips to
the tracks as well as around them.

    I had a chance to talk to the Dutch Metzeler importer last year and
he reckoned that MeZ4s would be fine to ride to the 'Ring and back, but
I'm wondering if they'll be okay for the (hopefully :-) more demanding
environment of a short circuit.

    Ideally, whatever tyre I use will be good in the wet!

    Thanks,

                Jim
- --
      jim@         ,'_             Fast on the straight bits is like slow
  gillespie.org   / -.--.    ___   on the straight bits, just with more
 '99 Sprint ST  \__/ `---'  \__/                           -- Adam Curtin