Re: Tires

Jim,

I think Blake's comments on utilizing the same tire on the track as your
daily tire is sound advice.  To that I will only add that if you like the
handling of the Metzler MeZ4s, the MeZ3s are the same profile, but with a
stickier compound and a little more tread area that will improve grip.  I've
been using them and have found them acceptable, however, be advised mileage
will suffer.  My MeZ3 rear did not make it to 3000 miles before needing
replacing and all I've done is solo street riding.  FWIW, I don't like BT57s,
I really liked D207s on my VFR, and am looking forward to trying the Pilot
Sports next.  One last thing, if you don't already know this, avoid race
tires for the street (MeZ3 Race, Pilot Race, D207 Race etc..).  Blake's Sport
Rider article will explain why.  I just sent the same article to Eric so we
may see it posted on the site in the future.

Rick Paukert
Horn Dawg
Houston