Reply to Jordan Hertzog & John Conneely / Mirrors and Boots

The Blue St I purchased had the infamous floppy boots (condoms) that
wouldn't stay attached at the base.  I even noticed that the Triumph
featured in the traveling cycle show circuit had the same problem.  Mine
were so deformed that both sides were unable to stay even close to the base.
My dealer suggested a heat application via hair dryer and it sort of changed
the shape but ended up with clothes pins holding the boots in place.  Yo
mom, look at that cool bike with the clothes pins!  So, when I went in for
service they replaced the mirrors and the boots under warranty which is a
good thing since I had scraped both on 2 different stupid layovers.