Re: Throttle lock/Cruise control with heated grips

    Because I don't recommend "locking the throttle" on a motorcycle for any
extended period, I get away with a simple "O" ring fitted over the bar end weight
(there's even a groove for it) that you can roll up between the grip and weight to
hold the throttle in a static position while you rest your hand, dig in the
tankbag, or whatever.
    It is easily fabricated by purchasing some "O" ring material from an auto
parts store (I use 3/16" mat'l) cut to size, and glue ends together with any
instant glue. For the symmetrical among us, I make 1 as a spare and roll it onto
the left weight groove and have a spare. They actually look like they belong on
there! Yes, it works with the heated grips.
                                Jim

'99 Sprint ST "Sable"
'85 RZ350 "I'm working it"
'84 IT490 "Blue turd"

"Stephen E. Hale" wrote:

> What kind of throttle locks/cruise control are people using who have heated
> grips?  I tried the ThrottleMeister and it didn't work very well.  I could
> either set it up to work when the grips were on, or the grips were off, but
> never both.
>
> Anyhow, I would greatly appreciate any recommendations.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Stephen
>
> seh750@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.netcom.com/~seh750/home.htm