Re: Top Rack etc.

At 01:13 AM 4/22/00 -0400, S2Mumford@xxxxxxx wrote:
>wheel, too, to enable access if any drilling is required. Let us know how it
>goes, I am sure at least  one other person on the list is  a total
>motorcyclist ( read does all their own work like God intended )

damn - all these years I thought I was a motorcyclist - as I still use my
dealer for service, I guess I am not.....

>, but after
>the poncey load of crap I got for answers to my last maintenance question, I
>wonder...

You must have missed David's response to your question. It came through
very soon after your original post and was quite clear in the instructions
- - I saw no reason (as I am sure many others did as well) to repeatedly post
the same information that David did. I am on plenty of technical lists and
quite honestly I find them less than a pleasure to read - the occasional
humour produced on the list is more than welcome and is a big part of what
makes this list so unique.....

>Methinks this list is long on newbie garage queen owner types and short on
>motorcyclists (by my definition).

I am not a newbie ... I cannot say on the second as I am not sure what the
definition of a garage queen is....

I can assure you that I am a motorcyclist.

While I do perform some things (oil changes, general maintenance, accessory
installs etc) I still rely on my dealer for primary service. Who do I want
doing a valve job ? Myself that may have done one or two or a service tech
that can do them in his sleep ? Because I choose somebody with more
experience and knowledge, I am less of a motorcyclist ?

I'll be sure to mention that to my friend that logged over 30,000 miles on
his harley last year - he didn't do any of his service - not even oil
changes. It's not that he couldn't - he just preferred not to. But I know
he considers himself a motorcyclist.

I would never call someone less of a motorcycle enthusiast simply because
they chose not to tackle service or installation of accessories....

If you ride on two wheels, you're fine with me.

- - Eric