tires for track day

In a message dated 4/20/00 9:57:30 AM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I'm taking the Sprint on a track day at the end of next week
(Cadwell Park full circuit :-), and then to the Nuerburgring in July.  I
currently have a pair of MeZ4s on the bike and I was thinking about
getting stickier rubber fitted for track use.  I'm not much of a
peg-dragger so firstly I'm wondering if I really need better tyres, and
secondly what's a bit better than MeZ4s but will survive the trips to
the tracks as well as around them. >>

I attended Reg Pridmore's Class riding school at Streets of Willow with my
'99 Sprint shod with its stock BT57's, and almost low-sided the first time I
leaned it over. This destroyed what little confidence I possessed, and ruined
the rest of the day for me. I rode 2-up behind Reg around the track a few
times on his VFR running on Dunlop 207's, almost scraping my helmet going
around the corners with nary a wobble, Reg saying later that the tires were
almost knackered, or he would have gone much faster! I am getting 207's the
next time. Dave Collins, San Diego