Twisting throttles and wrenches

Patti:

Don't apologize, as my friend's mom used to say "Use your mouth, it's
the best part of your body".  I'd say you're definitely a motorcyclist.
Twisting a throttle has nothing to do with twisting a wrench.  Like you,
I must have slept through the wrenching portions of the MSF courses I
took.  Like riding, knowing your limitations just shows that you're
intelligent and are probably a safe rider. Good for you.

Short story:  Guy goes into a mechanic and says "My bike is making a
funny sputtering noise and it runs kind of crappy."  Mechanic starts the
bike and listens, reaches for his screwdriver leans down and tightens
the pilot screw 1/4 turn.  The bike immediately runs smoothly like an ST
(VFR) should.  Mechanic turns to the guy and says "That'll be $100."
The guy is startled, "Why?  All you did was turn a screw..."
"Yep," says the greasemonkey, "but compared to you, I knew which one to
turn."

Robb
Robb@xxxxxxxxxxx