RE: Track Tires

>>My 1 cent - cuz I don't own an ST - there are no "one size fits all" for
either suspension set up or for tire pressure.  It's best to give
height, weight and riding style to assist in helping to narrow it down.
A 210 lb 6 ft. guy who rides upright at 30/30 and "oem" settings on his
suspension might find your ST to be pogoing and the rear squirrely
whereas it would be fine for a 5'7" guy at 145 lbs.

That being said, for a 5' 9" 160 lb racer (NOT ME) recommends 32-34
front and +2lb difference in the rear, depending on the temperature -
higher for hotter days, lower for cooler days.  Rear shock and front
forks are cranked for preload - but suspension settings is entirely a
personal choice.  Fork tuning in my experience, is one of the longer
pains taking processes, but is very worthwhile.  A 1/2 inch spacer can
make all the difference between squirrelly and confident in the twisties
and sweepers.

Robb
Robb@xxxxxxxxxxx<<
<<

Roger that, except since suspension wasn't a part of his topic I didn't
address it. I found the suspension too soft the minute I left the dealer,
and I'm 185 lbs. I increased the preload to two clicks down from the top on
the forks. Then once on the track the suspension was still too soft and I
cranked it up all the way in front and back.

My first order of business once I get this bike back together (it's being
repainted and the wheels polished) is buying some Progressive springs...

cheers,
Brett