Odd engine behavior

I experienced an odd occurance with the RS on Friday (it is at
about 1400 miles now) when I left work and thought I throw it
out for comment.

The bike had sat all day, so it was stone cold, and when I
started it up for the ride home, it idled at a very RPM (around
400) and quite rough; it would not take throttle without dying.
I restarted it several times, each with the same result.
Becoming concerned, I next tired turning the ignition off,
watied a few seconds (maybe 10), turned it back on, and
restarted the engine.  It then ran perfectly, with no hint of
the previous poor running, much to my relief.

Before anyone jumps to the first obvious conclussion, no, I did
not turn it off in the morning with the kill switch; I always
use the ignition key to turn it off, per the thread a few months
back.

Any thoughts on what might have happened?  A glitch in the
computer, perhaps?

- -Keith
'00 Sprint RS