Re: Attention getter

At 09:48 AM 4/24/00 -0500, Jack Hays wrote:
>         Eric driving down the road with arrows strapped to his rear rack
> all at
>different angles, a bow across his chest, and a top box labeled "AMMO",
>dressed in solid black.
>         Wonder if the cages might give you more room?

Actually a group of us went up to the shooting range with our harleys to
get some rifle time in. We were told by a member of law enforcement that it
was probably not the best way to transport the firearms (as they had
several concerned calls from people we had ridden past).

>         Just watch that lane splitting. Hate to see you propelled backward as
>the bow ends catch on the SUV or truck mirrors at the same time, the
>arrows slow your speed with their arresting hooks, and the shells spill
>across the hot pavement and start looking like the Forth of July!!!

While up North, I headed out with a friend for a day of deer hunting
(during bow and black powder season). Our stand was miles into the woods
and we took bikes part way. My buddy (who was in the lead) caught a branch
as he rode through some heavy brush - he was able to shake it and let it
come flying towards me. I ducked , but the bow attached to my back caught
it and yanked me off the bike. Of course in my effort to hold onto the bike
I ended up rolling on the throttle throwing my bike some extra speed for
the trees it was headed for......

Took my friend almost 30 minutes to stop laughing.......

- - Eric