RE: for Stuart - total moron. RE-POST

> Kevin writes:
>
>  >If instructions exist for the the heated grips, top rack,
>  >and top box, I could sure use a copy of each.
>
>  (1) Make appointment with dealer
>  (2) Take bike to dealer
>  (3) Wait
>  (4) Write check
>  (5) Collect bike with grips and top rack installed
>
>  This worked flawlessly for me.
>
>  - -Patti

Kevin I have no instructions for you, but I believe if you search the
archives on the triumphnet.com page, you should find good instructions for
at least the grips. I know that the top rack for the box needs removal of
the rear  grab handle, and I think that removal of the rear plastic bit over
the fender is necessary. I think if I was to do it, I would remove the rear
wheel, too, to enable access if any drilling is required. Let us know how it
goes, I am sure at least  one other person on the list is  interested in
repairing and maintaining their machine themselves ( read does most of
their own work like I prefer to ), but after the entertaining, witty,
wonderful responses that were a joy to read, but unfortunately did not
address my last maintenance question, I wonder...
Methinks this list is long on witty, intelligent, charming, talented
humorists who enjoy riding motorcycles, and short on people that offer
timely mechanical advice to those among us who like to do our own minor
maintenance  (which is in my opinion a large part of the joy of the owning a
motorcycle).

CA Stu <-- I feel like I made an ass of myself last time, please forgive me
my previous post . As I re-read that, I came off sounding like a pompous
pontificating windbag, with an IQ of about 70.  I hope I can redeem myself
in the list's eyes....
Stuart Mumford
99 Sprint ST