Re: an irritating morning

Previously, you (Otterboy) wrote:

>        I went out to get on the the bike and go to work this morning
> only to discover that the rear tire is completely flat.  The bike has
> 2000 miles on it, and the bike I had before this flatted with a huge
> nail about 2000 miles in.  I'm wondering if there is some sort of
> international conspiracy to make me buy new tires at 2000 miles.

Bummer!

>   At any rate, my question is this:
>
>   Do I try and replace the rear with another BT57, or do I go ahead
> and take the opportunity and do the whole shebang with something
> different?  I switched from OEM tires on my bandit when this happened
> to Metzlers and loved them.
>
>   Any thoughts?

I think you answered your own question and are looking for someone to
back you up.  You'll get no argument from me (or anyone else on the list
I expect).

When fate lands an opportuninty in your lap, don't question it.  Twice
in a row at 2K?  Maybe some force is trying to tell you something.  ;-)

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue ST "Jewel"
- --
New Year's Resolution: SaddleSore 1000 (tm) or bust!
                       http://www.ironbutt.com