Re: Odd engine behavior

On 24 Apr 2000, at 21:12, Eric Sheley wrote:

> Whatever the problem, it was definitely computer related as the full
> "reset" took care of the problem. Is there any chance that you gave it
> throttle while trying to start it ? This would cause the problem you describe.

I'm 100% positive I did not intentionally give it any throttle, as I
never touch the grip when starting.  However, ever since I put the
bar risers on (3/8" from Hermy's), I have noted that I'll get a slight
throttle run up sometimes when the bars are turned full left.  I
need to adjust the throttle cable, but have not done it yet.  When
I had the problem, I was starting the bike with the bars in the full
left position, since I had just unlocked it, but had not moved the
bars.  So, if the throttle was "up" a little due to the bar position,
and that is a problem as you propose, it could have caused the
problem.

Thanks for the input.

- -Keith
'00 Sprint RS