RE: for Stuart - total moron.

>>Methinks this list is long on witty, intelligent, charming, talented
humorists who enjoy riding motorcycles, and short on people that offer
timely mechanical advice to those among us who like to do our own minor
maintenance  (which is in my opinion a large part of the joy of the owning a
motorcycle). Stuart<<

Stuart,

My six week old ST is sitting in the garage sans body parts or tires, just a
frame, engine and wires sticking out all over the place. Looks horrid! I'm
in the process of getting the bike repainted and at the same time taking the
opportunity to install the panniers, heated grips, do various mods like move
the seat lock, etc, etc...and I can most assuredly tell you that at least as
far as I'm concerned I would MUCH rather have been out riding these last
eight gorgeous days. Instead of riding tonight after work, I just spent four
hours taking off both tires, removing the tires from the rims, and then
attempting to strip the gawdawfully thick paint (or maybe it's powder
coating, sheez) from the bare wheels. I can state with great authority that
I am NOT having as much fun working on my bike as I would be out riding!!
<g>

Brett in Seattle
PS--Glad to see I'm not the only one who's talents include the unique
ability to stuff their entire foot in their mouth... ;-)