Re:Battery woes

In a message dated 4/24/00 9:57:26 AM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< By the way, I forgot who said it, but yes I needed a new battery in less
than a month.  >>

It was me, Matt. I based my prediction on some printed material I once got
from Motorcycle Towing Service (MTS) after signing up with them. It was a
collection of anecdotes about various bikes that had to be towed, contrasting
the owner's diagnosis ("electronics all screwed up," "alternator buggered,"
"I know the battery is OK,") etc., contrasted with the actual diagnosis-bad
battery, in every case. Dave Collins, San Diego.