Re: Insurance Claim

Robert

commiserations on the accident - I think you were bloody unlucky with your
wrist, as I have been down twice on my bikes and never sustained that kind
of injury, but it's just potluck at the end of the day, as everyone knows.

First off, check if you're covered by some kind of Gold Rider's scheme - I
was, almost without realizing it, and they covered not only the excess, but
also compensation for lost worktime/income and replacement of clothing etc.
By the time I'd finished with my claim (on top of the actual claim for
almost 8000 quid with the main insurance company), I'd managed to ratchet it
up to nigh on 3000 pounds - despite damaging my boots, gloves and leathers
superficially. But I claimed a week off work (since mine involves intensive
typing and computing) and new leathers, boots, gloves, socks (! why not? !)
and so on.

There were no solicitors involved as such, just this second company. So I
can't advise you on that score, but your case seems pretty clear-cut from a
traffic and culpability point of view.

Let me know if I can be of further help

All the best for a swift recovery
Tim