Re: ST vs RS

These are just my views on commuting in NYC on the ST. I can't speak for
the RS.

I live in NJ and have worked at various locations in Brooklyn and
Queens. I commute on my ST when ever I can. I have the 3 pannier set-up.
However, in "commute mode" I prefer to only use the top box. I have made
the trip with just the side bags ("Highway mode") but they make me a
little too wide for my taste.

Rush hour has never really been a problem. (Went down once in Soho, I
was in the driver's blind spot when he decided to turn right at the last
second) Most of the cagers are used to dealing with NYC rush hour
traffic. Stop and go traffic sucks no matter what you are driving.
However, mid-town at midday, YIKES, out-of-town idiots in SUV's with
that friggin' piece of plastic glued to their ear seem to hunt me down.

One of the highlights of a job that I did was having to be in
Williamsburg at 7 am. 90+ at sunrise on the Williamsburg Bridge can be
quite the blast. But watch out for the donut eaters that like to sit in
the pull-outs at the towers.

IMHO You can't go wrong with the ST

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler
A Red Sox fan living in Yankee country

2000 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"
1980 Honda CM400T "My Little Red Putt-Putt"

I.A.T.S.E. Locals #52 & 84

"The moment you're born you start dying.
 So you might as well have a good time."
                             Cake