Re: Outerwear purchase

- --------------E16A2A9709356016E10202A9

I have been using the Explorer pants for cold weather riding.  They have
some nice features:  -armor at the knees -removable liner -zippered
front pockets and they are warm enough for me down to around 15F (that's
about as cold as it gets here).  They have pockets for hip armor but no
armor.  You will take your boots off to get them on.  For summer riding,
they are a bit toasty.  I don't believe they would offer anywhere near
the protection of leather in a slide.  I think they were well worth the
$130.  I've ridden about 2500 miles in them and they are showing no
wear.

Dan Wallander
Santa Fe

Rob Poole wrote:

> I am considering purchasing Triumph's Explorer Jacket and Explorer
> pants. If anyone else has purchased these items, I would be anxious to
> here if you are satisfied with them? I don't have the money presently
> to consider the Alpine or Frontiers Jacket. I would appreciate any
> recommendations from other members regarding my motorcycle gear
> purchase. I presently own a 96' Trophy 1200 and I am about to buy a
> 99' Sprint shortly. Rob Poole
> Teacher-librarian
> Mens' Basketball Coach
> Harry Ainlay High School

- --------------E16A2A9709356016E10202A9

I have been using the Explorer pants for cold weather riding.&nbsp; They
have some nice features:&nbsp; -armor at the knees -removable liner -zippered
front pockets and they are warm enough for me down to around 15F (that's
about as cold as it gets here).&nbsp; They have pockets for hip armor but
no armor.&nbsp; You will take your boots off to get them on.&nbsp; For
summer riding, they are a bit toasty.&nbsp; I don't believe they would
offer anywhere near the protection of leather in a slide.&nbsp; I think
they were well worth the $130.&nbsp; I've ridden about 2500 miles in them
and they are showing no wear.
am considering purchasing Triumph's Explorer Jacket and Explorer pants.
If anyone else has purchased these items, I would be anxious to here if
you are satisfied with them? I don't have the money presently to consider
the Alpine or Frontiers Jacket. I would appreciate any recommendations
from other members regarding my motorcycle gear purchase. I presently own
Poole</font></font>

- --------------E16A2A9709356016E10202A9--