Back from Corsica

Ciao a tutti!

I just came back from Corsica, where I spent 4 fabulous days with my
friends and my beloved Triumph. In fact the whole island was invaded by
bikers, mostly Italians and Germans.
Wonderful roads and wonderful places (and wonderful girls too :-).
There are so few cars on the Corsican roads that if you have an opportunity
to go there with a bike, you just can't miss it!
Well, to tell the truth some roads, especially on the mountains, don't
offer a perfect surface with a really old tarmac and sometimes they are so
narrow that two cars in opposite directions won't fit on the road, but they
compensate with a spectacular panorama.
There's a place on the mountains in the northern part of the island where
you can see the sea on both the east and the west side!

We spent the first day on the south-east (Bonifacio and Porto Vecchio) and
then headed north across the central mountains and forests. The remaining 3
days we made base in Corte, which is right in the middle of the island, to
explore both the east and the west sides of the northern part. 1500 kms of
pleasure :-)
The cities (Ajaccio and Bastia) aren't very interesting, but the smaller
villages distributed around the island are little jewels and the Corsicans
are very friendly.

The RS behaved perfectly. Aggressive when I was in the mood (the pegs are a
little shorter now ;-), confortable when was time for a slowdown. I used
for the first time also the Triumph tank bag, but I must say that I didn't
like it very much, because it's too big and I don't appreciate to have it
pushed on my breast... maybe my arms are too short, I'm only 1.78m tall.
Anyhow, I do enjoy my bike much more without the tank bag.
Monday morning we found some rain too, not a big problem if it wasn't for
the fact that I found the BT020 tyres behave like soap on a wet road :-(
Fortunately it didn't last too much.

Only a minor problem: I lost one of the little screws that take in place
the locking handle on the bottom part of the topbox. Take a look at yours,
if you have one.

- -andre

End of st-digest V2000 #190