[no subject]

Sorry if this is a daft question - put it down to the excessive rain
we've been having recently :-{

I was adjusting the rear preload and rebound damping on my ST today and
got myself a little confused over whether a "turn" of the adjusters was
180 or 360 degrees.

The confusion wasn't helped by the fact that the rear preload adjuster
clicks every 180 degrees. On most bikes I've come across before that
have screw type adjusters the manual has talked in terms of one click
being the same as one turn.

The ST manual just mentions turns (eg. 10 turns out for standard
preload, and 1.5 turns out for standard rebound damping).

So does 10 turns out mean, 10 times 360 degrees (20 clicks) or 10 times
180 degrees (10 clicks)

The rear damping adjuster doesn't click, but I assume that if 180
degrees equals one turn for the preload adjuster then the same is true
for the rear preload - which would make the standard setting of 1.5
turns equal 270 degrees out.

Thanks for sorting out this addled brain.

Antony