Re: chatterbox

Previously, you (Greg DellaCorte) wrote:
> Hey Bill:
> Never used the push to talk however, do have one comment that may be
> useful.  We live in an active radio frequency area and my wife and I
> always got baby monitors and cordless phones overriding our voices while
> riding two up.  I finally got smart and unscrewed the antenna.  Without
> the antenna it is very difficult for the receiver to pick up unwanted
> noise and your pillion hard wire connection is as good as a phone.
> Unfortunatly, this trick obviously does not work on bike to bike
> sessions.

That interference would be true of the older ChatterBox units, but I
don't know of any baby monitor or cordless phones using the FRS
frequencies.  I'm not sure if they are legal for those purposes.

Riding around today (getting my tags renewed) I had the unit on and
never once received any signal.  Looks like we (SWMBO and I) have those
airwaves to ourselves around here ... for now.

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue ST "Jewel"