Racetech Report

Well gang I thought I'd let you all know about my new RaceTech-ed
forks. In our last installment I'd had the rear stock shock replaced
with an Ohlins, BIG improvement. So big it really made me realize
just how much the front forks needed help. So Racetech to the rescue.
Now unlike others I am not so mechanically inclined to do the work
myself, but fortunately I have a dealer ( Blackmans in Emmaus PA)
about 80 miles away who are a Racetech Center, I've also bought 2
bikes from them and have a good relationship ( great service dept) so
off I went. I also wanted Blackmans to do the work since the Tech
there (Mark) has probably done about 200 Racetech fork jobs and is
considered to be a real suspension wizard, he's been to the RaceTech
Schools etc,  I wanted it done right!  For those of you that care
about the specifics I had .95kg springs installed with Gold Valve
Cartridge Emulators and Racetech 5wt oil. Other details: It took him
about 3 hours start to finish, helps to have done a few before :-)
We  set up the sag using the Racetech method. Cost for everything (
Parts and Labor) $381.00  Money well spent!

So how are the forks now? In a word Amazing .. In fact if I'd done
the forks first I might have been able to live with the stock rear
shock...nah. Anyway the improvements that are most noticeable are
way,way, way, less dive. Both on braking, and on entering turns the
front end just stays planted no wallowing no mush.  But the really
big improvement is that all and I mean all the harshness in the front
is gone, vamoose, history. Before over broken pavement and potholes,
the front, no mater what the preload was set at would kick back...
over everything, but now.. smooth, and controlled!

If you love your ST but have been looking to make it a better riding
and handling bike and have been on the fence wether or not to do the
Racetech upgrades, just do it you will be thrilled, period!

Erik
Hot Dawg