Re: (no subject)

If the $125 US price doesn't scare you off, Throttlemeister makes BY FAR the
best throttle lock for the ST (and, of course, other bikes too) and once
engaged, you can still manually twist the throttle overriding the friction
of the throttle lock.  Personally I can't justify the price as I don't
anticipate that many long highway cruises in the foreseeable future (this
may change of course) and you can't/shouldn't use a throttle lock for around
town.  Right now I'd rather use the dough for other accessories that are
higher up the priority ladder.

I picked up a device called a Throttle Boss which is very similar to the
Throttle Rocker that has been mentioned on this list recently.  I couldn't
find a source for the Throttle Rocker here in Vancouver, so I opted for the
Throttle Boss which turned out to be about twice the price of the Throttle
Rocker, but I believe it is better made.  The Throttle Boss is made of soft
neoprene (I think) and wraps around the grip very tightly.  I had been
forewarned that the Throttle Rocker might have a tendency to slip with time
since it is held on by the tension of the relatively hard plastic loop that
wraps around the grip, and the diameter of the throttle grip would likely
have a bearing on how tightly it fits.  One other thing that was mentioned
about these types of throttle controls is that there is the possibility that
they could contribute to carpal tunnel syndrome if adjusted so your wrist is
not flat on the hand grip while you ride.  So far I really like the Throttle
Boss, and there's no hint of stress on my wrist -- in fact quite the
contrary.  I really haven't had it on long enough to pass final judgement
however.  One nice bonus is that you can use it all the time, even around
town.  I only hope it doesn't get in the way while ridiing the twisties.
But If it doesn't work out, at least I haven't invested much.

I wouldn't even bother looking at the lever-type locking devices.  I tried a
Vista Cruise for my old Maxim 750 and I thought it was crap.  It didn't fit
properly even though it was supposedly the correct model for the bike and
looked cheesy.  At least the Throttlmeister is very well made and it's
almost invisible.

Here are some URLs for Throttle Rocker and Throttlemeister
http://www.throttlerocker.com/
http://www.dnet.net/~pemble/thrott.htm
http://www.harpermotoguzzi.com/throttlemeister.htm
http://www.themcdonalds.net/richard/bike/gpz/tm/tminst.shtml