Re: Fuel Sensor / Fuel Guage?

"mksdouglas" <mksdouglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I mentioned in an earlier post that my month-old 00' ST has a tempermental
> gas guage. Although the tank is full or near full the guage goes up and
down
> from empty to 3/4 full. The warning light comes on continuelly as well.
> Does this mean that I am going to have problems with my fuel sensor
leaking
> like many of you have mentioned?  Is the fuel sensor and fuel-level gauge
> one in the same?  I have not noticed a gas smell yet, should I even worry
> about it?

You'll only have the fuel sensor leak if you attempt to replace it with one
which is supposed to work better.  Live with the funky guage readings and
fill up at 180-200 miles on the tripmeter.  Better than having to paper
train your bike all over again.  ;-)
- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue Triumph Sprint ST "Jewel"