Triumph sales

In case any of you missed it or don't follow the newsgroup, the
following was posted by peckhammer@xxxxxxxxxxx in
rec.motorcycles today; I thought it was interesting:

In the July 2000 issue of "Free 2 Wheel", a Southern California
Motorcycle magazine it states:

"The [Triumph] company just reported that its sales for the first third
of the year are running a staggering 64.6 percent ahead of last year's
sales figures.  According to Triumph's National Sales Manager, Jim
McKenna, 'We had planned on about 20 percent increase, which is pretty
healthy, but we've been totally unprepared for the growth that we've
experienced.'  McKenna attributes Triumph's expansion to improved
product, improved dealer organization and a certain amount of critical
mass.  'We've got about 16,000 motorcycles burning gas now and it's
becoming a viable business for dealers carrying the marque.' said
McKenna, 'Before now, it's been difficult for a dealer to make a go of
it with 10 to 20 motorcycle sales per season; now we've got dealers
with several hundred units out the door and some are about to hit 100
units per season sales.  Parts and service business as well as brand
recognition caused by our greater presence in the market place is
what's driving it.'"