Re: Triumph sales

At 05:31 PM 8/1/00 -0700, Keith Winter wrote:
>In the July 2000 issue of "Free 2 Wheel", a Southern California
>Motorcycle magazine it states:
>
>"The [Triumph] company just reported that its sales for the first third
>of the year are running a staggering 64.6 percent ahead of last year's
>sales figures.  According to Triumph's National Sales Manager, Jim
>McKenna, 'We had planned on about 20 percent increase, which is pretty

Hopefully this means that they will be able to afford extra help in the
parts department which seems to be the source of many of the complaints
seen on the list.

Speaking of parts, maybe while they are at it, they can hire a firm that
can put out an accessory catalog. While this years was better than last, it
is still far from making the grade. They should send someone over to pick
up the Harley accessory catalog and use it as a benchmark. How many mail
order catalogs do you get in the mail that have pictures of items with no
descriptions whatsoever ? What prompted this outburst you ask ? I just got
my 2001 Harley Parts and Accessory catalog (still didn't get one from
Triumph for 2000....) in the mail today - 720 pages !!!! Holy crap - that's
a lot of chrome.....

OK, I feel better now.....

- - Eric