Rear Brakes

Just picked up an ST in Los Angeles and rode it home to New York.  Total
milage 4625 for the 2 week trip.....obviously didn't take the shortcut :>

Anyway, after playing in the Idaho/Wyoming rockies my rear brakes went.  At
first glace I thougt that I just used them up...pads were almost worn to
nothing.  The dealer in South Dakota took a look and found the piston seals
almost totaly disentegrated.  The fluid level was low but within normal
parameters.  I was told that excessive use caused too much heat (the rotor
was blued) and thus caused the seals to fail which was my fault. While I was
using a higher than normal (70/30) bias toward the rear when going down the
twisties (when going up, no rear was used) I don't think it should have been
more than what the brakes could handle.  This happened after I finished the
mountains and not during.

The questions to my fellow RATs are
	1) Anyone else have problems with the rear brakes
	2) Does this sound plausable
	3) Anyone have experience with claiming warrantee reimbursements (got to
dealer after Atlanta closed and didn't want to 	   stick around South
Dakota)

Thanks for any input

Eric

ejdrayercpa@xxxxxxxxxxx