Re: R/S Questions and 1999 vs. 2000 S/T performance

At 04:47 PM 8/2/2000 -0700, Matt Knowles wrote:
> >Anyone notice a difference in engine performance between the  S/T and the
> >R/S?
>
>A major factor could be that the RS is not available in red. My theory
>would be that the orange model would be faster than the yellow one, but
>unless someone is willing to loan me a pair and a racetrack, it will have
>to remain a theory.

You're wrong. Believe me, I tried both and the yellow one is much faster!
That's why they call it "racing yellow". Did you ever heard of a "fast"
Lucifer? I didn't.
:-)

BTW, before going to Misano for my first track day, I bought the Triumph CF
exhaust. The (bad?) news are that it doesn't have that typical diesel sound
at idle, and it is quite polite (i.e. not too loud). The good news are a
MUCH improved readiness to gain revs and power. I didn't do any dyno
testing but the difference is quite evident.

- -andre