Re: melting belly pan

owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<
 > I beg to differ. Mine melted, magazine models melted, and
 > so did several on this list! Someone earlier stated the
 > reasons, probably to be found in the archives.

 Mine didn't. Even with a slightly bent bracket allowing it to be a
 touch too close to the pipes. >>

I gotta tell ya, the solution is to remove those belly panels in summer.
This was reported on this list a while back.  I procrastinated and vacillated
about doing this and finally tried it 2 weeks ago and I'll never have those
panels on in summer again.  And IMHO having the lower portion of the motor
exposed looks totally bitchin.  Best of all the searing heat is now a
definite *non* issue.  When looking at the bike while standing you hardley
notice it because of the curvature of the fairing and its slant line.  But,
if you look from a distance you see the headers exposed which "to me" looks
totally in keeping with the bikes lines.  Someone else uploaded a pic of this
but the angle shot didn't do it justice.  I'll load one up if anyone is
interested.  Again YMMV.

Ken T. from Ca.

"tossed aside like cheap truck stop fare"

84' V65 Sabre, "Kong, gone but not forgotten"
95' Triumph Trident, "The Trooper"
96' Virago 1100, "Mellow If Slow"
99'Triumph Sprint St, "Bird of Prey"

COP#0018, AMA#414926, RAT#021975