Re: st-digest V2000 #402

>Some of us ride in areas where rain is a fact of life. I've had a few people
>tell me that I should spend $700 X 2 for Aerostich garments then in the same
>breath tell me they carry a rain suit to keep dry!!!!! If I need to carry a
>rain suit....then I would rather have leather. I am starting to really
>wonder if Aerostich has managed to brainwash us through clever use of the
>press to convince us this very expensive garment is a must have.
>
>Paul

I think you need to carefully evaluate what they're for. I wouldn't consider a Stich a rainsuit (i.e. something I would ride a distance wearing in a downpour). But it will keep you mostly dry in common use, unlike leather, and repeated wet/dry cycles won't damage it, as they will leather. And, unlike a leathers or a rainsuit, I can step into it and out of it easily as a part of my daily commute, and (based on personal experience, the experience of my girlfriend, and of several friends), they do a damn good job of protecting you if and when you take a spill.

Horses for courses. Like ST's, which are expensive and have a substantal amount of 'perceived value', driven in large part by marketing and advertising.

MarcD
00 Sprint ST "Vixen"
95 Speed Triple "Strumpet"
82 FT 500 "Fixit" ... future racebike
82 FT 500 "donor" ... future box of parts