Re: Insurance

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 05:32:31 -0400, you wrote:

>My policy is up for renewal and I am considering switching from
>Universal Underwriters to State Farm. SF currently insures our house and
>cages. For an extra 4USD per year SF can up the coverage on the bikes
>over what UU covers (25/50 vs. 15/30). I currently pay 506USD per year
>for both bikes. I had no problems when I had to file a claim with UU
>last year.
>
>My questions are:
>Has anyone out there had any bad experiences with SF?

No

>Has anyone out there had any good experiences with SF?

Not motorcycle related, but my house was broken into once and they
responded very quickly and without hassle on the claim.

>Has anyone been hit with a premium increase after making a claim?

Not in the above case

>Does anyone have a good reason why I should not change?

State Farm is the cheapest in Florida as they insure based on the size of
the engine and not by the style of the bike. The premiums are pretty low
for full coverage, but, what some people don't realize is that they do not
cover medical expenses in the result of an accident. So, technically it's
not full coverage. You need to have pretty good insurance through your
employer if you want to go this route.  I don't know how State Farm is in
other areas, but that's how it is here.

Ken "Super Dawg" Pickett
00 ST
Apopka, FL