panniers

I'm considering panniers for my ST (I have currently have soft bags).  From
the, most helpful, postings concerning panniers, I gather that there are 2
good options.  1) factory bags  2) Givi bags.  I've seen plenty of pics
showing both setups installed and they both look rather nice.  However,
because my bags will probably be more "off" than "on", I'm curious to as what
the 2 systems look like without the bags.  Thus being the mounting hardware
only.  If anyone has pics they'd care to share with me I'd be most grateful.

I really like the color matching with the factory system, but don't care much
for the lowered exhaust look.  Givi looks okay to me, but when removed the
exhaust is still in the factory position.  Any thoughts?

Also, does one system permit/don't permit passengers better than the other?
This is another big factor I'm concerned about.

Thanks in advance!

- -Mike Johnson
'00 ST blue (still unnamed)