for Mike - panniers

 >>> However, because my bags will probably be more "off" than "on",
I'm curious to as what the 2 systems look like without the bags. <<<

    The GIVI wingracks, when the bags are off, are almost as ugly as
Janet Reno,... and she's so ugly even big, brave dogs close their
eyes when they hump her leg! If you're not going to leave them on all
the time (how will you carry your beer and wine?), get the factory
bags.

 >>> Also, does one system permit/don't permit passengers better than
the other? This is another big factor I'm concerned about.<<<

    I don't believe either set interferes at all with the passengers
seating position or comfort.
                                Cheers;

                                    doggydo   - - - o%\o