Avon Azaro II vs Avon Azaro Sport II

     Last week I posted about the Azaro II and Azaro Sport II tyres.
     It occured to me that I hadn't tried the tyres back to back so at the
     weekend I tried it out. (I needed a diversion).

     The standard Azaro 'appeared' to clear more water than the sport when
     cranked over. The sports didn't seem to be clearing as much surface
     water but gripped better nonetheless. Strange but true.

     I had originally gone from Azaro II to RZR to Sport II and the profile
     transition had been gradual, however when testing back to back it was
     obvious that the turn in is much quicker with the Sport II and the
     bike is twitchier over irregularities.

     I tried mixing the Sport II and Azaro II and didn't like the results.
     The quicker turn in of the Sport II made whichever end they were on
     (tried it both ways) feel as though it was sliding, thus when the
     front had a Sport II it felt like the front was trying to tuck all the
     time. It was actually handling fine and I suppose you'd get used to
     the sensation but I wouldn't reccomend this setup.

     Furthermore, thrashing the ST to try to keep up with my buddies on a
     Blackbird and a TL1000S really eat into the Sport II rear. The 200
     miles we covered in anger made a big dent in the rubber which was
     lasting so well under commuting use.

     So in summary, Both handle and stick really well in the wet. The sport
     wears rapidly when really thrashed.
     It's only when you really push hard that you notice the extra grip of
     the Sport II.
     The pair don't mix too well.

     Hell, that's a boring post,
     Martin

The information transmitted in this email is intended for the
addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission,dissemination,reliance
upon or other use of, this information by persons or entities
other than the addressee is prohibited.If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material.

This message has been swept by Anti-Virus software